- Wheel Loader:
- 990 Series II (S/N: BCR1-UP)
The procedure for the Section "Shutdown Procedure" and steps in the procedure for the Section "Procedure for Charging the Accumulator" are incorrect. The following Sections show the corrected procedures.
The shutdown procedure is incorrect. The following steps are the corrected procedure.
- Move the machine to a smooth, level surface. Position the bucket on the ground.
- Move the transmission control lever to the NEUTRAL position. Move the transmission neutral lock into the LOCKED position.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Place the ride control switch in the MANUAL position.
Note: In order to position the ride control switch into the MANUAL position, press the top section of the ride control switch.
- Move the lift control lever into the FLOAT position. This will release the hydraulic pressure in the ride control accumulator.
- Place the ride control switch in the OFF position. This will ensure that the path of hydraulic oil between the head end of the lift cylinders and the ride control accumulator is blocked.
Note: In order to position the ride control switch into the OFF position, place the ride control switch into the MIDDLE position.
- Place the lift control lever in the HOLD position.
- Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position.
Procedure for Charging the Accumulator
A portion of the procedure is incorrect. The following steps are the corrections. The remainder of the steps in the procedure are correct.
- Place the ride control switch to the MANUAL position.
Note: In order to place the ride control switch into the MANUALposition, press the top section of the ride control switch.
- Lift the bucket to the full RAISE position and hold the lift control lever in the full RAISE position until the pressure on gauge (10) reaches 16500 kPa (2400 psi).
- Lower the bucket to the ground. If the ride control system is properly charged, the pressure on the gauge (10) will drop immediately when the bucket contacts the ground and the pressure in the head end of the lift cylinders drops to zero.