- Wheel Tractor-Scraper:
- 621K (S/N: WTA1-UP; WTL1-UP)
- 623K (S/N: WTB1-UP; WTM1-UP)
- 627K (S/N: WTC1-UP; WTN1-UP)
Description of Change: An improved cover assembly for the engine oil/fuel filter service center is now used on the machines listed above. The improved cover assembly will provide better clearance to the door assembly and cushion hitch hydraulic tubes.
The improved 426-1616 Cover As (1) is adaptable to machines and effective in production with machines that are listed in Table 1.
|Sales Model    ||Adaptable to Machines    ||Effective in Production with Machines    |
|621K    ||S/N:WTA1-111    ||S/N:WTA112-UP    |
|623K    ||S/N:WTB1-141    ||S/N:WTB142-UP    |
|627K    ||S/N:WTC1-163    ||S/N:WTC164-UP    |
- Remove four 8T-4195 Bolts and four 8T-4121 Hard Washers from the hinges of 426-1616 Cover As (D). Save the part.
- Remove 384-9398 Gas Spring As (E) from cover assembly (D). Save the part.
- Remove cover assembly (D) from the machine.
- Mark cover assembly (D) as per the dimensions shown in Illustration 6. Remove the material as per the marked dimension from the vertical and horizontal edges of cover assembly (D) .
Note: Remove one of the 241-3048 Seal fitted to the horizontal section of cover assembly (D) located within the area of modification. Relocate the seal to a distance 20 mm (0.8 inch) further back on the panel.
View of area F
(G) 20 mm (0.8 inch)
- Smooth and paint the cut edge of cover assembly (D) .
- Install cover assembly (D) to the machine using 384-9398 Gas Spring As that was saved in Step 2.
- Secure cover assembly (D) at hinges using four bolts (B) and four hard washers (C) that were saved in Step 1.
Adjust position of the cover on the hinges to provide adequate clearance and correct operation when opening and closing.