- Wheel Tractor-Scraper:
- 621F (S/N: 4SK1-UP)
- 621G (S/N: DBB1-UP; CEN1-UP; ALP1-UP)
- 623F (S/N: 5EW1-UP)
- 623G (S/N: DBC1-UP; CES1-UP; ARW1-UP)
- 627F (S/N: 1DL1-UP)
- 627G (S/N: DBD1-UP; AXF1-UP; CEX1-UP)
- 631E (S/N: 1AB1-UP)
- 631G (S/N: DFA1-UP; AWK1-UP; CLR1-UP)
- 637E (S/N: 1FB1-UP)
- 637G (S/N: CEH1-UP; DFJ1-UP; AXT1-UP)
- 651E (S/N: 4YR1-UP)
- 657E (S/N: 5YR1-UP; 6TR1-UP)
- 657G (S/N: W1B1-UP; W1C1-UP; A4G1-UP)
Description of Change: The joint for the draft frame and bearing cap has been improved. The improved joint will provide better stability and longer life of the joint and components.
Adaptable To: The following spacers will provide a solid joint, when the bearing caps for the draft arms are replaced on the Wheel Tractor-Scrapers that are listed above. The new hardware is adaptable to the following families of Wheel Tractor-Scrapers:
|Parts List    |
|Callout    ||New Part    ||Description    ||Qty    ||Model    |
|3 (1)    ||9T-0065    ||Shim    ||1    ||620    |
|3 (2)    ||4T-9707    ||Shim    ||1    ||630    |
|3 (3)    ||346-3300    ||Shim    ||1    ||650    |
|( 1 )||Remove 7 mm (0.28 inch) at dimension (A) .|
|( 2 )||Remove 6 mm (0.24 inch) at dimension (A) .|
|( 3 )||This shim requires no trimming of dimension (A) .|
The Procedure to Install the Shims With the New Bearing Cap
- Install the appropriate bearing cap (1) and tighten bolts (2). Refer to the Disassembly and Assembly manual for your machine. This will provide information regarding the disassembly and the assembly of this bearing cap.
A view of a typical draft frame and bearing cap
- Then inspect the gap in the bolted joint (3) by using a feeler gauge.
- Create a shim pack that is equal to the measured gap plus 1.5 ± 0.05 mm (0.06 ± 0.002 inch). More than one shim may be required.
- Trim (A) to the dimension that is referenced in Table 1. Blend the radius into radius (B) .
If the shim requires trimming then Reference Table1.
- Install the shim between the cap and the draft arm and tighten the bolts. Refer to the Disassembly and Assembly manual for your machine.