- Track-Type Tractor:
- D6N (S/N: DJA1-UP; JAH1-UP; DJY1-UP)
Description of Change: On certain D6N machines, there has been reports of warm air that is being blown out from the HVAC system. This potential issue is often caused by a broken cable or a seized cable. The heater has an interference with the connector for the EMS III. This cable is the cable that goes from the control panel to the water valve.
|Required Parts    |
|Item    ||Part Number    ||Description    ||Qty    |
|1    ||129-1831    ||Clamp    ||1    |
|2    ||245-3374    ||Cable As    ||1    |
|3    ||3S-2093    ||Cable Strap    ||1    |
- Remove bolts (A) that are located on the dash.
- Open the dash in order to have access to heater cable (B) and heater control (C) .
- Remove left side panel (D) .
- Open air filter cover (E) .
- Remove air filter (F) .
- Remove plate (G) in order to have access to the heater valve.
- Inspect heater cable (B) in order to determine if the cable needs to be replaced. If necessary, replace heater cable (B) .
- Make sure that the 245-3374 Cable As (2) is properly mounted. If the 245-3374 Cable As (2) is not mounted correctly, assemble the 245-3374 Cable As (2) to water valve (J) by using the existing 102-0341 Clip (H) .
- Add a 3S-2093 Cable Strap (3) on the heater control side in the dash in order to secure the 129-1831 Clamp (1) .
The rework procedure is effective with the following machines:
- D6N LGP (S/N: DJY1686-UP)
- D6N XL (S/N: DJA1195-UP)
- D6N XL DS (S/N: DJY302-UP)
The rework procedure is adaptable to the following machines:
- D6N LGP (S/N: DJY1-1685)
- D6N XL (S/N: DJA1-1194)
- D6N XL DS (S/N: DJY1-301)