|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||2P-5518    ||Bearing Tool    ||1    |
- Remove the engine oil pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Pump - Remove".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Check the main bearing caps for identification of the location and check the direction of the main bearing caps in relation to the cylinder block. The main bearing caps must be installed in the original location and the original direction.
- Remove bolts (1) from No. 2 through No. 6 main bearing caps (2) .
Note: Remove No. 1 and No. 7 main bearing caps (2) after No. 2 through No. 6 main bearing caps have been installed.
- Install Tooling (A) in the oil hole of the crankshaft. Carefully rotate the crankshaft in order to remove upper main bearing (3) from the cylinder block.
Note: Push the upper main bearing from the opposite side of the bearing tab with Tooling (A) . If the crankshaft is turned in the wrong direction, the tab on the bearing will be pushed between the crankshaft and the bearing area of the cylinder block. This can result in damage to the cylinder block and/or the crankshaft.
- Remove thrust plates (4) from each side of the No. 4 main bearing.
- Remove the lower halves of the main bearings from the main bearing caps.