|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|3S-6224||Electric Hydraulic Pump||1|
|F||6V-6146||Load Leveling Beam||1|
|(1)||The Tooling was installed during the removal of the stabilizer. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly Manual, RENR5192, "Machine Systems", "Stabilizer - Remove".|
Personal injury or death can result from improper lifting or blocking.
When a hoist or jack is used to lift any part or component, stand clear of the area. Be sure the hoist or jack has the correct capacity to lift a component. Install blocks or stands before performance of any work under a heavy component.
Approximate weights of the components are shown. Clean all surfaces where parts are to be installed.
- Clean all parts and inspect all parts. If any parts are worn or damaged, use new AVSpare parts for replacement.
- Use Tooling (F) and two suitable nylon lifting slings in order to place the axle on a suitable pallet fork with suitable cribbing. The weight of the axle is approximately
550 kg (1212 lb).Show/hide table Illustration 1 g00989836Show/hide table Illustration 2 g00989842 Typical example
- Detach the nylon lifting slings from Tooling (F) before using the pallet fork to position the axle under the machine. Reattach the nylon lifting slings to the Tooling.
Illustration 3 g00989837 Typical example that shows the position of the axle to the machine
- Use the attached lifting equipment in order to raise the axle to the chassis. Install the washers that were removed during the removal procedure before raising the axle in position to the machine. Refer to the note that was made during the removal procedure for the position of all the washers.
- Remove the pallet fork with the cribbing from the machine.
Illustration 4 g00989841
- Align the bores in the chassis with the bore in the axle. Lubricate pin (20) with 5P-0960 Molybdenum Grease before using a suitable mallet in order to install the pin.
Illustration 5 g00987120
- Install bolt (19) and the washer in order to secure pin (20) in position.
- Remove Tooling (F) and the attached lifting equipment from the axle.
Illustration 6 g00987121 Typical example
- Attach a suitable nylon lifting sling around wheel (18). Attach the nylon lifting sling to a suitable hoist in order to support the wheel. The weight of the wheel without ballast is approximately
190 kg (420 lb).
Note: Liquid ballast is installed in the tires of certain machines. Liquid ballast will greatly increase the weight of a wheel. You must be sure that the weight of the wheel will not exceed the lifting capacity of your lifting equipment. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Tire Inflation Information" for additional information about the recommended weight of installed liquid ballast.Show/hide table
Illustration 7 g00987119 Typical example
- Position wheel (18) to the machine before installing wheel nuts (17) and the spring washers. Do not tighten the nuts at this step.
- Remove the nylon lifting sling and the hoist from the machine.
- Repeat Step 9 to Step 11 for the wheel on the other end of the axle.
Illustration 8 g00987117Show/hide table Illustration 9 g00989527Show/hide table Illustration 10 g00989528
- Use Tooling (A) to raise the machine. Remove Tooling (B) and Tooling (C) from the machine.
Illustration 11 g00989580Show/hide table Illustration 12 g00989529
- Replace Tooling (E) with Tooling (D). Tooling (D) was initially used during the removal of the stabilizer. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly Manual, RENR5192, "Stabilizer - Remove".
Illustration 13 g00989844
- Use Tooling (A) to lower the machine onto wheels and tires. At the same time, adjust the position of Tooling (D) and the height of the Tooling that is under the boom.
- Remove Tooling (A) from the machine.
Illustration 14 g00987116 Typical example
- Tighten wheel nuts (17) in a cross pattern to a torque of
240 ± 40 N·m (177 ± 30 lb ft)and then turn an additional 60 degrees ± 5 degrees.
Note: Check the wheel nut torque on new wheels and on repaired wheels after every ten service hours until the specified torque is maintained. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Wheel Nut Torque - Check".
- Repeat the Step 17 on the wheel nuts on the other end of the axle.
Illustration 15 g00987153
- Position the rod end of cylinder (14) to bracket (16). Align the bore in the cylinder with bores in the bracket and install pin (13).
- Secure pin (13) in place with bolt (15), the spacer and the washer.
Illustration 16 g00987158
- Connect hoses (12) to the steering cylinder.
Illustration 17 g00987157
- Connect electrical connector (11) to the sensor on the steering cylinder. Install a new cable strap in order to secure the electrical connector in position. Refer to the note that was made during the removal procedure for the position of the cable strap.
Illustration 18 g00987156
- Connect electrical connector (10) to the sensor on the differential lock.
Illustration 19 g00987155
- Connect hose (9) to the differential lock. Connect hose (8) to the service brake.
Illustration 20 g00987115
- Position bracket (6) onto parking brake (7) and secure the bracket in place with two bolts (5) with the washers. Align cable (3) with lever (4) and install pin (2) and clip (1).
Illustration 21 g00987151
- Remove the cribbing that was placed between the chassis and the rear axle during the removal procedure.
- Install the drive shaft to the axle. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly Manual, "Drive Shaft - Remove and Install".
- Install the stabilizer to the machine. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly Manual, RENR5192, "Machine Systems", "Stabilizer - Install".
- Check the parking brake. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Parking Brake - Check.".
- Purge the air from the braking system. Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, RENR5190, "Service Brake Air - Purge".
- Engage the parking brake before removing any blocks that were installed in front of the rear wheels and behind the rear wheels during the removal procedure. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Parking and Secondary Brake Control".