|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|3S-6224||Electric Hydraulic Pump||1|
|C||6V-6146||Load Leveling Beam||1|
Personal injury or death can result from improper lifting or blocking.
When a hoist or jack is used to lift any part or component, stand clear of the area. Be sure the hoist or jack has the correct capacity to lift a component. Install blocks or stands before performance of any work under a heavy component.
Approximate weights of the components are shown. Clean all surfaces where parts are to be installed.
- Clean all parts and inspect all parts. If any parts are worn or damaged, use new AVSpare parts for replacement.
- Use Tooling (C) and two suitable nylon lifting slings to place the axle on a suitable pallet fork with suitable cribbing. The weight of the axle is approximately
550 kg (1212 lb).
- Detach the two nylon lifting slings from Tooling (C) before using the pallet fork to position the axle under the machine.
Illustration 1 g00990250
- Reattach the two nylon lifting slings to Tooling (C). Use the attached lifting equipment to raise the axle to the chassis. Install the washers that were removed during the removal procedure before raising the axle in position to the machine. Refer to the note that was made during the removal procedure for the position of all the washers.
Illustration 2 g00989869
- Remove the pallet fork with the cribbing from the machine.
Illustration 3 g00989911
- Align the bores of the chassis with the bore of the axle. Lubricate pin (10) with 5P-0960 Molybdenum Grease before using a suitable mallet to install the pin.
Illustration 4 g00989871
- Install bolt (11) and the washer in order to secure pin (10) in position.
Illustration 5 g00987257 Typical example
- Install suitable cribbing on both sides of the machine between the chassis and the axle.
Illustration 6 g00989865
- Remove Tooling (C) and the attached lifting equipment from the axle.
Illustration 7 g00987114
- Attach a suitable nylon lifting sling around wheel (9). Attach the nylon lifting sling to a suitable hoist in order to support the wheel. The weight of the wheel without ballast is approximately
190 kg (420 lb).
Note: Liquid ballast is installed in the tires of certain machines. Liquid ballast will greatly increase the weight of a wheel. You must be sure that the weight of the wheel will not exceed the lifting capacity of your lifting equipment. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Tire Inflation Information" for additional information about the recommended weight of installed liquid ballast.Show/hide table
Illustration 8 g00987111
- Position wheel (9) to the machine before installing wheel nuts (8) and the spring washers. Do not tighten the nuts at this step.
- Remove the nylon lifting sling and the hoist from wheel (9).
- Repeat Step 10 to Step 12 for the wheel on the other end of the axle.
Illustration 9 g00989518 Left side of the machineShow/hide table Illustration 10 g00987112 Right side of the machine
- Position Tooling (A) under the machine and use the Tooling to raise the machine off Tooling (B).
- Remove Tooling (B) from the machine.
Illustration 11 g00987108
- Use Tooling (A) to lower the machine onto the ground before removing the Tooling from the machine.
Illustration 12 g00987107
- Tighten wheel nuts (8) in a cross pattern to a torque of
240 ± 40 N·m (177 ± 30 lb ft)and then turn an additional 60 degrees ± 5 degrees.
Note: Check the wheel nut torque on new wheels and on repaired wheels after every ten service hours until the specified torque is maintained. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Wheel Nut Torque - Check".
- Repeat the Step 17 on the wheel nuts on the other end of the axle.
Illustration 13 g00987259
- Position the rod eye of cylinder (4) to bracket (7) before installing pin (5). Install bolt (6), the washer and the spacer that secures the pin to the bracket.
Illustration 14 g00987478
- Connect electrical connector (2) for the sensor on the steering cylinder. Connect hoses (3) to the steering cylinder.
Illustration 15 g00987479
- Connect electrical connector (1) for the level sensor on the axle.
Illustration 16 g00987257
- Remove the cribbing that was installed between the chassis and the axle in Step 8.
- Install the fenders to the axle. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly Manual, RENR5192, "Machine Systems", "Fender - Remove and Install".