|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the hood. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hood - Remove".
At operating temperature, the engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check the coolant level only after the engine has been stopped and the fill cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Remove the fill cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes to prevent personal injury.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system into a suitable container for storage or disposal. The capacity of the cooling system is approximately
42 L (11.1 US gal). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change". Illustration 1 g00986555
- Remove bolts (1) and remove cover (2).
Illustration 2 g00986556
- Loosen hose clamps (3) and disconnect hoses (4).
Illustration 3 g00986557
- Loosen hose clamps (5) and disconnect hoses (6).
Illustration 4 g00986558
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device onto radiator assembly (8). The weight of radiator assembly (8) is approximately
41 kg (90 lb). Remove bolts (7) from radiator assembly (8). Remove radiator assembly (8) from the machine. Illustration 5 g00986562
- Remove Tooling (A) and remove bracket (11). Remove bolts (9) and remove side brackets (10).