Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the attachments have been lowered, oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
- Install steering control valve (2) into position. Use two people to place the steering control valve into position. The weight of the steering control valve is approximately
30 kg (65 lb).
- Connect hose assemblies (4) onto steering control valve (2).
Illustration 3 g00280086
- Install panel (1) onto the right side of the machine.
- Fill the hydraulic tank . The tank capacity is
55 L (14.3 US gal).
- Separate the steering frame lock. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Steering Frame Lock - Separate and Connect".