|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Attach Tooling (B) and a suitable lifting device onto main control valve (23). The weight of main control valve (23) is approximately
34 kg (75 lb). Position main control valve (23) and install bolts (24). Illustration 2 g00984332
- Position clamps (22) and install bolts (21). Connect tube assemblies (18) and (20). Connect fitting (19).
Illustration 3 g00984330
- Position clamp (17) and install bolts (16).
- Repeat Step 3 for the other side.
Illustration 4 g00984322
- Connect hose assemblies (14) and (15). Connect fitting (13).
Illustration 5 g00984320
- Connect hose assemblies (11) and (12). Connect fitting (10).
Illustration 6 g00984315
- Connect hose assemblies (8) and (9). Connect tube assemblies (5), (6), and (7).
Illustration 7 g00984314
- Position clamps (4) and install bolts (3).
Illustration 8 g00984591
- Position cover (2) and install nuts (1).
- Fill the hydraulic system with oil. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)" and Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities".
Illustration 9 g00277573
- Raise the lift arms off Tooling (A). Remove Tooling (A) and lower the bucket to the ground.
- Release the parking brake.
- Separate the steering frame lock. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Steering Frome Lock - Seperate and Connect".