|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|ZZ||6V-9508||Face Seal Plug||4|
|6V-9509||Face Seal Plug||1|
|6V-9510||Face Seal Plug||1|
|6V-9511||Face Seal Plug||2|
|6V-9512||Face Seal Plug||6|
- Connect the steering frame lock. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Steering Frame Lock - Separate and Connect".
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (ZZ) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the attachments have been lowered, oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, all hoses and all tubes. This will help to prevent fluid loss and this will help to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Apply the parking brake.
Illustration 1 g00277573
- Raise the lift arms off the ground by approximately
1.5 m (5 ft). Position Tooling (A) under the lift arms, as shown.
- Release the pressure in the hydraulic system. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic System Pressure - Release".
Illustration 2 g00984591
- Remove nuts (1) and cover (2).
Illustration 3 g00984314
- Remove bolts (3) and clamps (4).
Illustration 4 g00984315
- Disconnect tube assemblies (5), (6), and (7). Disconnect hose assemblies (8) and (9).
Illustration 5 g00984320
- Disconnect fitting (10). Disconnect hose assemblies (11) and (12).
Illustration 6 g00984322
- Disconnect fitting (13). Disconnect hose assemblies (14) and (15).
Illustration 7 g00984330
- Remove bolts (16) and clamp (17).
- Repeat Step 9 for the other side.
Illustration 8 g00984332
- Disconnect fitting (19). Disconnect tube assemblies (18) and (20). Remove bolts (21) and clamps (22).
Illustration 9 g00984335
- Attach Tooling (B) and a suitable lifting device onto main control valve (23). The weight of main control valve (23) is approximately
34 kg (75 lb). Remove bolts (24) and remove main control valve (23).