- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic System Pressure - Release".
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, all hoses, and all tubes in order to prevent fluid loss and help keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Before starting the removal procedure, ensure that the hitch cylinder is fully retracted.
- Disconnect hoses (1) .
- Remove nuts (4) and the washer that secures channel (2) and the attached hook to the hitch cylinder.
- Carefully support the weight of channel (2) and the attached hook before removing pin (3). Carefully lower the channel and the attached hook to the ground before removing the channel and the attached hook from the machine.
- Support the weight of bracket (6) and the attached hitch cylinder before removing bolts (5), the nuts and the washers that secure the bracket to the towing hitch. Remove the bracket and the attached hitch cylinder from the machine.
Note: Bracket (6) and the attached hitch cylinder cannot be serviced separately.
- Clean all parts and inspect all parts. If any parts are worn or damaged, use new AVSpare parts for replacement.
- Before starting the installation procedure, ensure that the hitch cylinder is fully retracted.
- Position bracket (6) and the attached hitch cylinder to the towing hitch. Secure the bracket in place with bolts (5), the nuts and the washers.
- Position channel (2) and the attached hook beneath the towing hitch. Position the channel to the hitch cylinder by raising the channel into place before securing the channel to the hitch cylinder with pin (3) .
- Install nuts (4) and the washer that secures channel (3) and the attached hook to the hitch cylinder.
- Connect hoses (1) to the hydraulic system.
End By: Check the hydraulic tank oil level. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic Tank - Check Oil Level".