|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before you begin the removal procedure, the exterior of the components should be thoroughly cleaned. This will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Remove bolts (1).
- Repeat Step 1 for the opposite side.
- Remove bolts (2). Remove cover (3).
- Drain the fuel tank into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance, "Fuel Tank Water and Sediment - Drain".
Illustration 2 g00983948
- Remove bolts (4) and handle (5).
- Repeat Step 5 for the remaining handle.
Illustration 3 g00983951
- Disconnect hoses (6). Remove cable strap (7).
Illustration 4 g00983952
- Remove bolt (8). Use two people in order to remove seat (9). The weight of seat (9) is approximately
32 kg (70 lb).Show/hide table Illustration 5 g00983953
- Remove screws (10) and remove panel (11).
Illustration 6 g00983954
- Disconnect harness assembly (12).
Illustration 7 g00983955
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to the rear of the fuel tank.
Illustration 8 g00983957
- Remove bolts (13).
- Repeat Step 12 for the opposite side.
Illustration 9 g00983958
- Move fuel tank (14) out of the machine six inches in order to attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to the front of fuel tank (14).
Illustration 10 g00983959
- Remove fuel tank (14). The weight of fuel tank (14) is approximately
136 kg (300 lb).Show/hide table Illustration 11 g00983960
- Remove fittings (15).
Illustration 12 g00984031
- Remove bolts (16). Remove sending assembly (17).