|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|ZZ||6V-9512||Face Seal Plug||3|
|6V-9511||Face Seal Plug||2|
|6V-9509||Face Seal Plug||2|
|6V-9508||Face Seal Plug||3|
- Remove the muffler. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Muffler - Remove and Install".
- Remove the air cleaner. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Air Cleaner - Remove and Install".
Note: SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (ZZ) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all wires, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Personal injury can result from contact with refrigerant.
Contact with refrigerant can cause frost bite. Keep face and hands away to help prevent injury.
Protective goggles must always be worn when refrigerant lines are opened, even if the gauges indicate the system is empty of refrigerant.
Always use precaution when a fitting is removed. Slowly loosen the fitting. If the system is still under pressure, release it slowly in a well ventilated area.
Personal injury or death can result from inhaling refrigerant through a lit cigarette.
Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas, can cause bodily harm or death.
Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
Use a certified recovery and recycling cart to properly remove the refrigerant from the air conditioning system.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve pressure.
- Recover the air conditioner refrigerant from the air conditioner system. The correct charge is
1.5 kg (3.3 lb). Refer to Service Manual, SENR5664, "Air Conditioning and Heating Systems with R-134a Refrigerant" for the procedure. Refer to Special Publication, NEDG5065, "Air Conditioning Tools" for the tools.
- Drain the hydraulic oil. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil - Change". Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)".
Illustration 1 g00980885
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device. The weight of hood support (3) is approximately
50 kg (110 lb). Remove bolts (1) and cap (2) from hood support (3). Illustration 2 g00980888
- Remove bolts (4) on each side of the machine. Remove hood support (3). The weight of hood support (3) is approximately
50 kg (110 lb). Illustration 3 g00980924
- Disconnect harness assembly (5).
Illustration 4 g00980925
- Remove clamps (6) and (7).
Illustration 5 g00980926
- Remove bolts (8). Remove clamps (9) and (11). Remove bolts (12) and muffler support (10).
Illustration 6 g00980928
- Disconnect harness assembly (13).
Illustration 7 g00980939
- Remove nut (14).
Illustration 8 g00980996
- Remove clamps (17) and (18). Move harness assembly (16) out of the way.
Illustration 9 g00981001
- Disconnect hose assembly (19). Remove bolts (20). Remove clamp (21).
Illustration 10 g00981007
- Rotate elbow (22) out of the way.
Illustration 11 g00981029
- Disconnect hose assembly (23). Remove bolts (24). Move the bracket and accumulator (25) out of the way.
Illustration 12 g00981031
- Disconnect harness assembly (26) and move harness assembly (26) out of the way.
Illustration 13 g00981036
- Rotate plate assembly (27) and remove plate assembly (27).
Illustration 14 g00981038
- Disconnect tube assemblies (28) and (29). Disconnect hose assemblies (30) and (31).
Illustration 15 g00981078
- Disconnect tube assembly (32) and hose assembly (33).
Illustration 16 g00981083
- Disconnect tube assembly (39). Disconnect fitting (38). Disconnect hose assemblies (34), (35), (36), and (37).
Illustration 17 g00981087
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device onto hydraulic tank (40). Remove bolts (41) and remove hydraulic tank (40). The weight of hydraulic tank (40) is approximately
113 kg (250 lb).