|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||6V-6146||Load Leveler Gp||1|
- Connect the steering frame lock.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the clean emissions module or the muffler.
- Remove the power train guard.
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact skin.
At operating temperature, the engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check the coolant level only after the engine has been stopped and the cooling system pressure cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Remove the cooling system pressure cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes to prevent personal injury.
Personal injury can result from contact with refrigerant.
Contact with refrigerant can cause frost bite. Keep face and hands away to help prevent injury.
Protective goggles must always be worn when refrigerant lines are opened, even if the gauges indicate the system is empty of refrigerant.
Always use precaution when a fitting is removed. Slowly loosen the fitting. If the system is still under pressure, release it slowly in a well ventilated area.
Personal injury or death can result from inhaling refrigerant through a lit cigarette.
Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas, can cause bodily harm or death.
Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
Use a certified recovery and recycling cart to properly remove the refrigerant from the air conditioning system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Drain the coolant. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change" for the correct draining and filling procedures.
- Recover/Charge the air conditioning system. Refer to Service Manual, SENR5664, " All Products Air Conditioning and Heating R134a for All AVSpare Machines" for the recovery and charging procedure. Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Air Conditioning Tools" for the correct tools.
Illustration 1 g03720106
- Disconnect harness assembly (1). Disconnect clips (2) in order to disconnect harness assembly (1) from the frame.
Illustration 2 g03720125
- Disconnect harness assembly (1).
Illustration 3 g03720127
- Disconnect clips (3).
Illustration 4 g03720135
- Attach a suitable lifting device to support assembly (4). The weight of support assembly (4) is approximately
93 kg (205 lb).
- Remove four bolts (5) (not shown), the nuts, and the washers. Use the suitable lifting device in order to remove support assembly (4).
Illustration 5 g03720189
- Remove hump hose (6), hoses (7), and elbows (8).
Illustration 6 g03720714
- Loosen clamp (9) and remove tube (10).
Illustration 7 g03720720
- Remove panel assembly (11). Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
Illustration 8 g03720722
- Remove nut (12) (not shown). Disconnect harness assemblies (1).
Illustration 9 g03720726
- Disconnect hose assemblies (13).
Illustration 10 g03720729
- Disconnect hose assemblies (14). Disconnect clip (15).
Illustration 11 g03720735
- Disconnect cable assembly (16) and ground cable (17) from the alternator.
Illustration 12 g03720756
- Remove elbow (18) and tube assembly (19). Disconnect hose (20).
Illustration 13 g03720759
- Disconnect hoses (21) and (23). Disconnect hose assembly (22).
Illustration 14 g03720767
- Remove elbow (24).
- Disconnect hose assembly (25).
Illustration 15 g03720772
- Disconnect hose assemblies (26).
Illustration 16 g03720827
- Remove tube assembly (27) and the O-ring seals.
- Remove tube assemblies (28) and (30) and the O-ring seals. Remove hose (29).
Illustration 17 g03720888
- Cut cable strap (31).
- Disconnect harness assembly (33).
- Remove tube assembly (32).
Illustration 18 g03720775
- Disconnect hose assemblies (34).
- Remove tubes (35).
- Disconnect hose (36).
Illustration 19 g03720899
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to the lifting points on engine (37). The weight of engine (37) is approximately
1815 kg (4001 lb).Show/hide table Illustration 20 g03720893Show/hide table
Do not lower the bottom guard while under the machine. Injury could occur if the bottom guard slips off of the jack while it is being lowered.
- Position Tooling (B) under guard (38). The weight of guard (38) is approximately
67 kg (148 lb).
- Remove bolts (39) and the washers. Use Tooling (B) in order to remove guard (38).
Illustration 21 g03720909
- Remove bolts (40) (not shown) and the washers.
Illustration 22 g03720911
- Remove bolts (41) and the washers that hold the torque converter to engine (37).
Illustration 23 g03720899
- Use Tooling (A) and the suitable lifting device in order to remove engine (37) from the machine.
- Install engine (37) in the reverse order of removal.
- Tighten nut (12) to a torque of
6.0 + 1.5 - 1.0 N·m (53.10 +13.28 - 8.85 lb in).
- Tighten nut (12) to a torque of