|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||439-3940    ||Bracket As    ||2    |
|B    ||439-3942    ||Bracket As    ||4    |
- Connect the steering frame lock.
- Release the hydraulic system pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
At operating temperature, the engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Steam can cause personal injury.
Check the coolant level only after the engine has been stopped and the fill cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Remove the fill cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Cooling system conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes to prevent personal injury.
- Drain the coolant. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change" for the correct draining and filling procedures.
- Recover/Charge the air conditioning system. Refer to Service Manual, SENR5664, " All Products Air Conditioning and Heating R134a for All AVSpare Machines" for the recovery and charging procedure. Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Air Conditioning Tools" for the correct tools.
Personal injury can result from contact with refrigerant.
Contact with refrigerant can cause frost bite. Keep face and hands away to help prevent injury.
Protective goggles must always be worn when refrigerant lines are opened, even if the gauges indicate the system is empty of refrigerant.
Always use precaution when a fitting is removed. Slowly loosen the fitting. If the system is still under pressure, release it slowly in a well ventilated area.
Personal injury or death can result from inhaling refrigerant through a lit cigarette.
Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas, can cause bodily harm or death.
Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
Use a certified recovery and recycling cart to properly remove the refrigerant from the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect hose assembly (1) and hose assembly (5) .
- Loosen clamps (2) and disconnect elbow (4) from tube (3) .
- Disconnect hose assembly (6) .
- Remove panel assembly (7) .
- Remove panel assembly (8) .
- Loosen clamp (10) and disconnect tube (11) .
- Disconnect harness assembly (12) .
- Remove panel assembly (9) .
- Disconnect hose assembly (13) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (14) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (15) .
- Loosen clamps (17) and clamps (19). Disconnect hoses (16) and (18) from the cooling system package.
- Remove bolts (20) and the washers in order to remove lower guard assembly (21) .
- Disconnect hose assemblies (22) .
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to cover assembly (23). The weight cover assembly (23) is approximately 33 kg (73 lb).
- Remove the bolts and the washers and use Tooling (A) and the suitable lifting device in order to remove cover assembly (23) .
- Attach Tooling (B) and a suitable lifting device to cooling system package (24). The weight of cooling system package (24) is approximately 420 kg (926 lb).
- Remove bolts (25) and the washers. Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
- Remove bolts (26) and the washers. Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
- Remove bolts (27) and the washers. Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
- Use Tooling (B) and the suitable lifting device in order to remove cooling system package (24) .
- Install cooling system package (24) in the reverse order of removal.