Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system . Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC)- Change" for the correct draining and filling procedures.
Illustration 1 g06359978
- Remove bolts (1) and cover (2).
Illustration 2 g06359979
- Reposition hose assembly (5).
- Loosen clamps (3) and remove hose (4).
Illustration 3 g06349143
- Remove bolts (6) and housing (7).
Illustration 4 g06349145
- Remove water temperature regulator (8).
Note: Check the O-ring seals, the gaskets, and the seals for wear or for damage. Replace the components, if necessary.
- Install the water temperature regulator (8) in the reverse order of removal.