Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the disassembly procedure, clean the exterior of the component. This action will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism.
Note: Cap all lines and fittings that are disconnected in order to prevent fluid loss. This action will also keep contaminants out of the system.
- Disconnect hose assemblies (1) .
View from the side of the Clean Emissions Module
- Disconnect harness assemblies (2) and (3) .
- Remove bolts (5) , position clips (5) out of the way, and remove fuel control manifold (4) .
- Remove fuel pressure sensors (9) and remove fuel filter fitting (7) .
- Remove fittings (10) and (11) .
- Remove nut (16) , washer (15) , and solenoid (14) from valve assembly (8) .
- Remove O-ring seals (12) from cartridge (13) .
- Repeat this step for the other solenoid operated fuel valve (9) .
- Install fuel control manifold (4) in reverse order of removal.
- Tighten pressure sensors (9) to a torque of 20 ± 3 N·m (177 ± 27 lb in).
- Tighten cartridge (13) to a torque of 50 ± 5 N·m (37 ± 5 lb ft).
- Tighten nuts (16) to a torque of 20 ± 2.5 N·m (177 ± 25 lb in).