Conditions Which Generate This Code:
Schematic of the Lamp (Parking Brake)|
This diagnostic code is associated with the Lamp (Parking Brake). The FMI 06 means that the ECM has determined that the current of the indicator lamp is above normal.
The possible causes of this diagnostic code are listed:
- The energize circuit of the indicator lamp is shorted to ground.
- The indicator lamp has failed.
- The ECM has failed. This is unlikely.
Note: The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these created diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when the original diagnostic code has been corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 0682 FMI 06 is active before performing this procedure.
Note: Use the 146-4080 Digital Multimeter for the measurements in this procedure.
When this diagnostic code occurs, a warning (Category 1) is shown on the monitor. The diagnostic code will cause the lamp to be OFF at all times.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE INDIAVSOR LAMP.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position. Do not start the engine.
- Observe the status of the diagnostic code.
- Disconnect the indicator lamp with the active diagnostic code from the machine harness.
CID 0682 FMI 06 changes to CID 0682 FMI 05 when the indicator lamp is disconnected.
- YES - CID 0682 FMI 06 changes to CID 0682 FMI 05 when the indicator lamp is disconnected. The circuit is correct.
Repair: The indicator lamp has failed. Repeat this test "CHECK THE INDIAVSOR LAMP" in order to verify the failure of the indicator lamp. Replace the indicator lamp.
- NO - CID 0682 FMI 06 remains active. Proceed to Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. CHECK THE ENERGIZE CIRCUIT OF THE INDIAVSOR LAMP FOR A SHORT TO GROUND.
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- The indicator lamp remains disconnected from the machine harness.
- Disconnect the machine harness connector(s) from the ECM.
- At the machine harness connector, measure the resistance from the signal contact B-2 (wire 419-YL(Yellow)) to all contacts that are used in the machine harness connectors for the ECM.
Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms.
- OK - Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms. The machine harness is correct. Proceed to Test Step 3.
- NOT OK - Each resistance measurement is not greater than 5000 ohms. There is a short in the machine harness. The short is between B-2 (wire 419-YL(Yellow)) and the circuit with the low resistance measurement.
Repair: Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.
Test Step 3. CHECK IF THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE REMAINS.
- Inspect the harness connectors and clean the contacts of the harness connectors.
- Reconnect all harness connectors.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position.
- Operate the machine.
- Check the status of the CID 0682 FMI 06.
The CID 0682 FMI 06 is active.
- YES - The CID 0682 FMI 06 is active. The diagnostic code has not been corrected. The ECM may have failed.
Repair: It is unlikely that the ECM has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, replace the ECM. See Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The CID 0682 FMI 06 is not active. The diagnostic code does not exist at this time.
Repair: The initial diagnostic code was probably caused by a poor electrical connection or a short at one of the harness connectors that was disconnected and reconnected. Resume normal machine operation.