Conditions Which Generate This Code:
Schematic for the "Rack KO Detent" Solenoid
This diagnostic code FMI 11 is recorded when the interface module has an internal failure.
When this diagnostic code CID 0361 FMI 11 is active, the AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET) will be unable to control the solenoid for the warm up valve. The ET will read the voltage of the solenoid circuit as being below normal, which is an indication of an open circuit. The ET will be unable to energize the solenoid.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE IMPLEMENT ECM
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn the disconnect switch to the ON position.
- Allow the self test to run fully before you proceed to the next step.
- Check the message center for an active diagnostic code.
The diagnostic code CID 0361 FMI 11 is no longer present.
- OK - The diagnostic code CID 0361 FMI 11 is no longer present. Resetting the interface module has resolved the diagnostic code.
- NOT OK - The diagnostic code CID 0361 FMI 11 is still active. The interface module has failed.
Repair: Check the circuit again. Use the AVSpare Electronic Technician (Cat ET) service tool, in order to perform a Wiggle Test on the machine wiring harness. The Wiggle Test can detect momentary shorts, intermittent shorts or opens in the machine wiring harness.
It is unlikely that the ECU has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, replace the ECM. Prior to replacing an ECM, always contact your dealership's Technical Communicator for possible consultation with AVSpare. This consultation may greatly reduce repair time. See Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".