Conditions Which Generate This Code:
Schematic for the Tilt Regeneration Solenoid
This diagnostic code is associated with the Tilt Regeneration Solenoid. The FMI 03 means that the ECM has determined that the voltage of the solenoid circuit is above normal.
The possible causes for this diagnostic code are listed below:
- The signal circuit from the ECM to the solenoid is shorted to the +battery.
- The return circuit from the solenoid is shorted to the +battery.
Note: The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Clear these diagnostic codes when the original diagnostic code has been corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 2576 FMI 03 is active before performing this procedure.
Note: Use the 146-4080 Digital Multimeter for the measurements in this procedure.
The machine response is listed:
All implement functions will be disabled.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE ENERGIZE CIRCUIT OF THE SOLENOID FOR A SHORT TO THE +BATTERY CIRCUIT
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the machine harness connectors from the solenoid and the ECM.
- At the machine harness connector for the ECM, measure the resistance from contact J1-67 (wire F882-YL(Yellow)) to all contacts that are used in the machine harness connectors for the ECM.
Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms.
- OK - Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms. The machine harness is correct. Proceed to Test Step 2.
- NOT OK - Each resistance measurement is not greater than 5000 ohms. There is a short in the machine harness. The short is between J1-67 (wire F882-YL(Yellow)) and the circuit that has a low resistance measurement.
Repair: Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.
Test Step 2. CHECK IF THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE IS STILL ACTIVE
- Inspect the contacts and clean the contacts of the harness connectors.
- Reconnect all harness connectors.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position.
- Operate the machine.
- Determine if the CID 2576 FMI 03 is active.
The CID 2576 FMI 03 is active.
- YES - The CID 2576 FMI 03 is active. The problem has not been corrected. The ECM may have failed.
Repair: It is unlikely that the ECM has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. If the cause of the diagnostic code is not found, the ECM may have failed. Prior to replacing an ECM, always contact your dealership's Technical Communicator for possible consultation with AVSpare. This consultation may greatly reduce repair time. If the ECM requires replacement, refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The CID 2576 FMI 03 is not active. The problem does not exist at this time.
Repair: The initial diagnostic code was probably caused by a poor electrical connection or a short at one of the harness connectors that was disconnected and reconnected. Resume normal machine operation.