Conditions Which Generate This Code:
Connections of the blade angle left solenoid
Location of the blade angle left solenoid
This sensor is connected to the Implement ECM 2. The Implement ECM 2 sends the diagnostic information to the Machine ECM via the CAN data link. This diagnostic code is associated with the return circuit for the Blade Angle Left Solenoid. The FMI 04 means that the ECM has determined that either an open in the circuit or a short to ground in the return circuit exists.
The possible causes are listed:
- The return circuit of the solenoid is shorted to ground.
- The energize circuit of the solenoid is open.
- The return circuit of the solenoid is open.
- The solenoid has failed.
- The Implement ECM 2 has failed. This is unlikely.
Note: The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these created diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when the original diagnostic code has been corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code of CID 3195 FMI 04 is active before performing this procedure.
Note: Use a digital multimeter for the measurements in this procedure.
Test Step 1. CHECK THE RETURN CIRCUIT OF THE SOLENOID FOR A SHORT TO GROUND.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the solenoid from the machine harness.
- Disconnect the machine harness at the Implement ECM 2.
- At the harness connector for the Implement ECM 2, measure the resistance from the signal contact 42 (wire K789-YL) to all contacts that are used in the machine harness connector.
Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms.
- YES - Each resistance measurement is greater than 5000 ohms. The machine harness is correct. Proceed to Test Step 2.
- NO - Each resistance measurement is NOT greater than 5000 ohms. There is a short in the machine harness between signal contact 42 (wire K789-YL) and the circuit with the low resistance measurement.
Repair: Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.
Test Step 2. CHECK THE HARNESS FOR AN OPEN.
- The key start switch and the disconnect switch remain in the OFF position.
- The machine harness remains disconnected from the Implement ECM 2.
- The solenoid remains disconnected from the machine harness.
- At the machine harness connector for the solenoid, place a jumper wire from contact 1 (wire K789-YL) to contact 2 (wire K927-BU).
- At the machine harness connector for the Implement ECM 2, measure the resistance from signal contact 42 (wire K789-YL) to return contact 43 (wire K927-BU).
The resistance should be less than 5.0 ohms.
- OK - The resistance is less than 5.0 ohms. The machine harness is correct. Proceed to Test Step 3.
- NOT OK - The resistance is greater than 5000 ohms. The resistance measurement is not correct. There is an open circuit in the machine harness.
Repair: The open is in the signal wire (K789-YL) or the return wire (K927-BU) of the machine harness. Repair the machine harness or replace the machine harness.
Test Step 3. CHECK IF THE DIAGNOSTIC CODE REMAINS.
- Inspect the harness connectors. Clean the contacts of the harness connectors and check the wires for damage to the insulation that is caused by excessive heat, corrosion, or chafing.
- Perform a 45 N (10 lb) pull test on each of the wires that are associated with the circuit.
- Reconnect all harness connectors in order to make sure that the connectors are fully seated. Also, make sure that the clips for each connector are completely fastened.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the key start switch to the ON position.
- Operate the machine.
- Check the status of the diagnostic code.
The diagnostic code is active.
- YES - The diagnostic code is active. The diagnostic code has not been corrected.
Repair: Check the circuit again. It is unlikely that the Implement ECM 2 has failed. Exit this procedure and perform this procedure again. Prior to replacing an ECM, always contact your dealership for possible consultation with AVSpare. This consultation may greatly reduce repair time. If the Implement ECM 2 requires replacement, refer to Troubleshooting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Replace".
- NO - The diagnostic code is not active. The initial diagnostic code was probably caused by a poor electrical connection or a short at one of the harness connectors that was disconnected and reconnected. Resume normal machine operation.STOP