|Bail Raise and Lower Pressure|
|Date||Equipment ID Code|
|Bail Raise at High idle||
|Bail Lower at High Idle||
This test will verify that the push/pull relief valve is set to the correct pressure setting.
Refer to the Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting" before starting the test.
Make the test and necessary adjustments to the BAIL RAISE pressure setting first. When the BAIL RAISE pressure setting of the pressure control valve has been corrected, the BAIL LOWER pressure setting will be set automatically.
Sudden movement of the machine or release of oil under pressure can cause serious injury to persons on or near the machine.
To prevent possible injury, perform the procedure that follows before testing and adjusting the hydraulic system.
Tooling (A) 198-4240 Digital Pressure Indicator Gp|
|A||198-4240||Digital Pressure Indicator Gp|
|A2||1||198-4238|| Pressure Sensor Gp
(0 to 34,450 kPa (0 to 5,000 psi))
|A3||1||198-4236||Adapter Cable As|
- Operate the machine until the hydraulic oil temperature reaches normal operating temperature.
- Park the machine on a hard, level surface. Move the transmission control lever to NEUTRAL position. Lower the Bowl. Stop the engine. Engage the parking brake.
Illustration 2 g03720818 view of the push-pull control valve
(1) Test port for the push-pull relief valve
- Remove dust cap from test port (1) for the push pull relief valve. Connect Tooling (A) to test port (1).
Note: To check the BAIL RAISE pressure setting, the bail cylinder must be raised.
- Start the engine and operate at high idle.
- Place the bail switch in the BAIL RAISE position. Tooling (A) should read
7600 ± 690 kPa (1100 ± 100 psi).
Push-Pull Control Valve|
If the pressure is not correct, stop the engine. Remove valve (3) from the push-pull control valve. Check piston (4) in order to make sure that the piston (4) is free and does not stick. The pressure can be changed by the addition of shims (5) or the removal of shims (5). Add shims (5) in order to increase the pressure. Remove shims (5) in order to decrease the pressure. One shim will change the pressure approximately
After the adjustment has been made, check the pressure in order to ensure that the setting is correct.
Note: To check the BAIL LOWER pressure setting, the bail cylinder must be lowered.
- Start the engine. Lower the bail against the stops.
- With the engine at high idle and the solenoid switch in the BAIL LOWER position, tooling (A) should read
3900 ± 690 kPa (565 ± 100 psi).
- Remove test equipment.
Note: If the pressure setting for the BAIL RAISE has been adjusted, the BAIL LOWER pressure will automatically be correct. If the pressure is incorrect, check valve (3) in order to ensure that piston (4) moves freely.