- Park the machine on a smooth, level surface.
- Shift the transmission direction control switch to the NEUTRAL position.
- Lower the bucket, or the work tool to the ground.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Place blocks in front of the wheels and behind the wheels.
- Allow only authorized personnel on the machine. Keep unauthorized personnel off the machine and in clear sight of the operator.
- Shut off the engine.
Note: This calibration procedure can be performed without a running engine.
- Turn the key start switch and the disconnect switch to the ON position.
Note: This calibration procedure can only be performed with AVSpare Electronic Technician. Power to the ECM must be cycled in order for the calibration to take effect.
Personal injury or death can result from sudden machine movement.
Sudden movement of the machine can cause injury to persons on or near the machine.
Prevent possible injury by performing the procedure that follows before working on the machine.
|1||IBM Compatible PC|
|1||466-6258||Communication Adapter Gp|
|1||ET Software (1)|
|(1)||Version ET2015C or newer|
The software program that will be used for this test procedure is the AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET). The AVSpare Electronic Technician is a software program that can be used on an IBM-compatible personal computer.
Reference: For more information about the use of Electronic Technician, refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Using AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET) to Determine Diagnostic Codes" for the machine that is being serviced.
- Connect the laptop computer to the service connector (A) in the cab. The service connector is located to the left of the key start switch.
Illustration 2 g01183350 Typical example
- Open the software program (ET). Select "Transmission" from the "ECM Selector" menu.
Illustration 3 g01183355 Typical example
- Select the "Service" menu item from the toolbar. Select the "Configuration" menu item.
Illustration 4 g01183448 Typical example
- Highlight the option for the "Forward to Reverse Desired Gear" on the configuration screen. Click on the "Change" button in the bottom left of the screen. Enter the new value for the desired gear.
Illustration 5 g01111261 Typical example
- Click the "Yes" button.
- The value of the "Forward to Reverse Desired Gear" has been changed.
- Close the software program (ET). Shut down the laptop computer. Disconnect the computer from the service connector in the cab.
|(A) Service connector for the AVSpare Electronic Technician|