Personal injury can result from escaping fluid under pressure.
If a pressure indication is shown on the indicator, push the release valve in order to relieve pressure before removing any hose from the radiator.
Use the procedure that follows to test the water temperature regulator.
Reference: Specifications, "Water Temperature Regulator"
(1) Water temperature regulator housing
(2) Water temperature regulators
- Remove the water temperature regulators (2) from the engine.
- Heat water in a pan until the temperature of the water is equal to the fully open temperature of the water temperature regulators. Refer to Specifications, "Water Temperature Regulator" for the fully open temperature of the water temperature regulators. Stir the water in the pan to distribute the temperature throughout the pan.
- Hang the water temperature regulators in the pan of water. The water temperature regulators must be below the surface of the water. The water temperature regulators must be away from the sides and the bottom of the pan.
- Keep the water at the correct temperature for 10 minutes.
- After10 minutes, remove the water temperature regulators. Immediately measure the opening of each water temperature regulator. Refer to Specifications, "Water Temperature Regulator" for the minimum opening distance of the water temperature regulator at the fully open temperature.
If the distance is less than the amount listed in the manual, replace the water temperature regulator.