|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A (1)    ||9U-6198    ||Crankshaft Turning Tool    ||1    |
|A (2)    ||5P-7306    ||Housing    ||1    |
|5P-7305||Engine Turning Tool    ||1    |
|B    ||136-4632    ||Timing Pin (Crankshaft)    ||1    |
|268-1966||Adaptor    ||   |
|C    ||364-9107    ||Timing Pin (Fuel Injection Pump)    ||1    |
|( 1 )||The Crankshaft Turning Tool is used on the front pulley.|
|( 2 )||This Tool is used in the aperture for the electric starting motor.|
Ensure that all adjustments and repairs that are carried out to the fuel system are performed by authorized personnel that have the correct training.
Before beginning ANY work on the fuel system, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information and High Pressure Fuel Lines" for safety information.
Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Cleanliness of Fuel System Components" for detailed information on the standards of cleanliness that must be observed during ALL work on the fuel system.
This procedure must be done before any of the following:
- Removal of the fuel injection pump.
- The bolts that hold the fuel injection pump to the front housing are loosened.
- If necessary, install the fuel injection pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Injection Pump - Install" for the correct procedure.
- Remove plug (1) from the cylinder block. If necessary, use Tooling (A) in order to rotate the crankshaft until the number one piston is at the top center position.
Note: The number one piston may be on the compression stroke or the exhaust stroke.
- Install Tooling (B) into Hole (X) in the cylinder block. Use Tooling (B) in order to locate the crankshaft in the correct position.
Note: Do not use excessive force to install Tooling (B) . Do not use Tooling (B) to hold the crankshaft during repairs.
- Install Tooling (C) into hole in adapter plate at Position (Y) . Ensure that Tooling (C) locates into the slot in the gear for the fuel injection pump.
- Remove Tooling (C) from the adapter plate.
- Remove Tooling (B) from the cylinder block.