|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||8T-9022    ||Silicone Gasket    ||1    |
|B    ||198-9113    ||Seal Installer    ||1    |
(1) Cylinder bore
|Tolerances of Cylinder Bores    |
|   ||Standard at Assembly    ||Repair Limit (1)    ||Service Limit (2)    |
|Inside Diameter    ||
94.000 to 94.035 mm (3.7008 to 3.7022 inch)
94.200 mm (3.7087 inch)
94.700 mm (3.7283 inch)
|Out of Round    ||
0.010 mm (0.0004 inch)
|N/A    ||N/A    |
0.015 mm (0.0006 inch)
|N/A    ||N/A    |
|( 1 )||Bore the cylinder to the specified oversize dimension if the repair limit has been reached.|
|( 2 )||Install a cylinder liner or replace the cylinder block if the service limit has been reached.|
Bore the cylinder to the oversize dimension if the cylinder has uneven wear. Refer to Table 3.
|Oversize Bore    ||Cylinder Bore Size    |
0.250 mm (0.0100 inch)
94.250 to 94.285 mm (3.7106 to 3.7120 inch)
0.500 mm (0.0197 inch)
94.500 to 94.535 mm (3.7205 to 3.7218 inch)
The permissible distortion of the contact surface of the gasket is given below.
- Maximum at assembly ... 0.05 mm (0.0020 inch)
- Repair limit ... 0.20 mm (0.0079 inch)
(2) Main bearing cap bolts
Use the following procedure in order to install the main bearing cap bolts:
- Apply clean engine oil to the bearings and install the bearings to the caps.
- Install the cap to the crankcase so that the rear face of the cap is even with the rear face of the crankcase.
Note: Apply Tooling (A) to the corners of the cylinder block for the rear main bearing cap. After the rear main bearing cap is installed, remove any excess sealant from the inside of the recess for the rear oil seal. Excess sealant prevents the correct seating of the rear oil seal.
- Apply clean engine oil to the threads of the main bearing cap bolts.
Tighten the main bearing cap bolts to the following torque. ... 98 to 108 N·m (72 to 80 lb ft)
(3) Rear main bearing cap
(4) Main bearing caps should have a marking that indicates placement and orientation.
(5) Front main bearing cap
(6) Seal for the front and rear main bearing caps.
(7) The seals for the front and the rear main bearing caps have a curve at one end. The curved side must be installed toward the side of the engine. The curved end is inserted first into the hole. Use Tooling (B) to correctly install the seals.
(8) Before installing the seals, inject a small quantity of Tooling (A) in the holes for the seals.
(9) Seal for the front main bearing cap.
(10) Inside diameter of the lifter bore
- Standard at assembly ... 14.000 to 14.018 mm (0.5512 to 0.5519 inch)
- Service limit ... 14.100 mm (0.5551 inch)