|Containment - |
PRODUCT SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR REWORKING THE TRACK FRAME GUARDS, AND IF REQUIRED REPLACING THE TRACK ROLLERS, ON CERTAIN D5 AND D6 TRACK-TYPE TRACTORS
|4180 7152 4177||
AVSpare’s obligations under this Service Letter are subject to, and shall not apply in contravention of, the laws, rules, regulations, directives, ordinances, orders, or statutes of the United States, or of any other applicable jurisdiction, without recourse or liability with respect to AVSpare.
This Containment Program can be administered either before or after a failure occurs. In either case the decision whether to apply the Program is made by the dealer and service rep. Obtain the service reps Goodwill Approver Code before completing the repair. EAME dealers should use their standard Industry Group specific goodwill approval codes. The Goodwill Approver Code must be included when submitting the claim.
When reporting the repair, use "PS91133" as the Part Number and "7777" as the Group Number. If administered before failure, use "56" as Warranty Claim Description and "T" as the SIMS Description Code. If administered after failure, use "96" as Warranty Claim Description Code and use "Z" as the SIMS Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program. Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your AVSpare product analyst.
This Revised Service Letter replaces the 20Oct2020. Changes have been made to the Parts Needed (Group 2) and Service Claim Allowances (Group 1).
|Some machines operating on slopes steeper than 4:1 or in rough underfoot conditions may experience excess contact of the the track with idler guards and/or track roller guards on certain D5 and D6 Track-Type Tractors. This contact could damage the tracks. Any early hour contact marks are considered cosmetic only and will not impact track life or operation.|
|D6 LGP||GZ900318-00319, 358-362, 380, 383-386, 390, 392, 398-400, 411-414, 421-422, 426-427, 430-431, 458-464
HR900301, 304-309, 319-320, 322-323, 338, 341-343, 346, 352-353, 398-402, 413-414, 417, 431, 461-463, 465, 469, 487-488, 497
|D6 XE LGP||HLY00316, 326, 351
|D5 LGP||RG900320-00324, 329-330, 332, 334, 338-341, 350-351, 373, 387, 389, 396-397, 424|
|16||SPACER||SPACER (DEALER FABRIAVSED) (As Required)|
|In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 22% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
|28||SPACER||SPACER (DEALER FABRIAVSED) (As Required)|
|In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 16% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
|Refer to attached Rework Procedure.|
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
|NOTE: This is a 8.0-hour job for Group 1|
|Note: An additional 16.0 hours is allowed for replacement of the existing single flange rollers with the tall double flange rollers as per Step 6 in the Rework Procedure.|
|NOTE: This is a 6.0-hour job for Group 2|
|Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.|
|Group Number 1|
|1. Place machine on solid, level stable surface.
2. Jack the machine up off the ground, follow all safety recommendations as per Disassembly and Assembly.
3. Relieve the track tensions.
4. Remove the 8T-4141 Bolts and 198-4781 Washers that hold the guard to the track frame. Retain the bolts and washers for reassembly process.
5. Machine away the area in blue and include a 1.6mm radius to the inner corners. Refer to Image1.1.1.
Note: Image1.1.2 shows a guard after machining process as a guide.
|NOTE: If replacing the Rollers follow step 6, if not replacing then jump to step 7.
6. Remove existing Single Flange Rollers and replace with the Tall Double Flange Rollers (except for the front and rear Single Flange Roller on each side as they remain in place, do not change these). Follow instructions as per D&A for this procedure.
7. Install fabricated 10mm spacers (Image1.2.1) between the reworked track guards (as previous step) and the track frame. Place one piece 10mm spacer at each bolt hole of the track guard as shown in Image1.2.2.
Note: These spacers need to be fabricated by the dealer.
|8. Reinstall the bolts and washers that were retained in Step 4. Tighten the bolts to a specified torque of 460 +/- 60 N.m.
9. Lower the machine to the ground.
10. Set the track tension.
|Group Number 2|
|1. Place the machine on solid, level stable surface.
2. Jack the machine up off the ground. Follow all safety recommendations as per the Disassembly and Assembly.
3. Relieve the track tensions.
4. Using a grinder remove the material from all eight of the idler guards as indicated in Images2.1.1 and 2.1.2.
|For the next steps you will need to fabricate locally the spacers as per attached images. Using a 6mm thick plate, per machine you will require four of the smaller plates (Image2.2.1) and 24 of the larger plates (Image2.2.2).|
|5. Remove the bolts and spacers that hold the guards to the track frame. Retain the 204-6365 Spacers for reuse. The bolts will not be reused.
6. Install the fabricated spacers between the guard and track frame at each bolt hole. The small spacer goes in the front location in each of the four locations.
7. Install the 7X-2554 Bolts and 204-6365 Spacers (as removed in Step 5). Tighten the bolts to a specified torque of 270 +/- 40 N.m.
Note: It may be necessary to enlarge the hole in the boss welded to the rear guard so that the bolt has adequate clearance. Refer to Image2.3.1.
8. Lower the machine.
9. Set the track tension.