- Track-Type Tractor:
- D10T (S/N: RJG1-UP)
- D9T (S/N: RJS1-UP)
- D8T (S/N: KPZ1-UP)
- D9T (S/N: RJS1-UP)
ReferenceSpecial Instruction, REHS2365, "An Installation Guide for the Product Link PL121SR and for the PL300"
This special instruction provides the information that is needed in order to install the 255-4206 Communication Installation Gp ( Product Link 321SR) in the field. For additional information on the installation of Product Link, refer to Special Instruction, REHS2365, "An Installation Guide for the Product Link PL121SR and for the PL300".
Important Safety Information
Do not perform any procedure in this special instruction until you have read this special instruction and you understand this information. Use only proper tools and observe all precautions that pertain to the use of those tools. Failure to follow these procedures can result in personal injury. The following procedures should also be observed.
Work safely. Most accidents that involve product operation, maintenance, and repair are caused by failure to observe basic safety rules or precautions. An accident can often be avoided by recognizing potentially hazardous situations before an accident occurs.
A person must be alert to potential hazards. This person should also have the necessary training, skills, and tools in order to perform these functions properly.
Safety precautions and warnings are provided in this instruction and on the product. If these hazard warnings are not heeded, bodily injury or death could occur to you or to other persons. AVSpare cannot anticipate every possible circumstance that might involve a potential hazard.
Therefore, the warnings in this publication and the warnings that are on the product are not all inclusive. If a tool, a procedure, a work method or operating technique that is not specifically recommended by AVSpare is used, you must ensure that it is safe for you and for other people to use.
You should ensure that the product will not be damaged or the product will be made unsafe by the operation, lubrication, maintenance or the repair procedures that are used.
|Required Parts    |
|Item    ||Qty    ||Part Number    ||Description    |
|1    ||2    ||5C-9553    ||Bolts    |
|2    ||6    ||9X-8256    ||Washers    |
|3    ||1    ||277-6370    ||Plate As    |
|4    ||4    ||8C-8451    ||Bolts    |
|5    ||8    ||9X-6165    ||Washers    |
|6    ||4    ||8C-5608    ||Spacers    |
|7    ||8    ||9X-9896    ||Mounts    |
|8    ||1    ||330-3410    ||Communication Service Gp    |
|9    ||4    ||8T-4138    ||Bolts    |
|10    ||1    ||263-9088    ||Communication Radio Gp    |
|11    ||1    ||314-6917    ||Spacer    |
|12    ||1    ||284-8532    ||Antenna As    |
|13    ||13    ||7K-1181    ||Cable Straps    |
|14    ||1    ||324-6111    ||Control Harness As    |
|15    ||1    ||307-0047    ||Film    |
|16    ||1    ||260-7652    ||Film    |
|17    ||1    ||Publication    ||Special Instruction, REHS2348, "Product Link PL121SR"    |
- Move the machine to a smooth horizontal location that is away from other machines and personnel. Lower all attachments to the ground.
- Permit only one operator on the machine. Keep all other personnel away from the machine.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Stop the engine.
- For the S/N:KPZ machines, the battery disconnect switch (18) is on the left side of the machine next to the battery compartment.
- For the S/N:RJS machines, the battery disconnect switch (18) is on the left side of the machine next to the battery compartment.
- For the S/N:RJG machines, the battery disconnect switch (18) is on the left side of the machine next to the battery compartment.
- The battery disconnect switch (18) will be in the position in order to activate the engine starter. The battery disconnect switch must be turned to the ON position before you start the engine. In Illustration 4, the battery disconnect switch is shown in the position to activate the starter. To deactivate the engine starter, turn the battery disconnect switch counterclockwise to the OFF position.
- Remove the headliner from the cab.
- By using two bolts (1) and two washers (2), mount the plate assembly (3) to the machine.
A view of area (A)
- By using four bolts (4), eight washers (5), four spacers (6) and eight mounts (7), mount communication service group (8) to plate assembly (3). Attach ground strap (19) that is part of the communication service group to the mounting bolt for the plate assembly (3) .
- By using four bolts (9) and four washers (2), attach communication radio group (10) to plate assembly (3) .
- Refer to Illustration 5. By using one spacer (11), mount antenna assembly (12) to the machine. Torque the nut that is part of the antenna assembly to 5.0 ± 0.5 N·m (44 ± 4 lb in).
- Refer to Illustration 5. Route the cable assembly from the antenna to the communication radio group (10). Use the cable straps (13) in order to attach the cable assembly to the cable harness. Place the additional length of cable in loops that look like the number eight. Make the loops 200 mm (7.9 inch) in diameter. The minimum bend radius of the cable assembly is 100 mm (3.9 inch). Connect the other end of the cable assembly to the communication radio group (10) .
- Plug the control harness assembly (14) into the communication service group (8), the communication radio group (10) and the connector that is part of the harness for the tractor. The connector is tied back to the harness.
- Clean the top of the cab post that is on the right hand side of the cab. Refer to Illustration 7. Apply film (15) and film (16) to the cab post.
- Install the headliner.
- Item (17) is a supplement to the operation and maintenance manual for the machine. This supplement must be permanently attached to the operation and maintenance manual for the machine.