- Underground Articulated Truck:
- AD55B (S/N: JNW1-143)
|Required Parts    |
|Qty    ||Part Number    ||Description    |
|1    ||196-1185    ||Speed Sensor Gp    |
|1    ||3K-0360    ||O-Ring Seal    |
|2    ||5P-8105    ||O-Ring Seal    |
|1    ||142-8075    ||Lip Type Seal    |
|Required Tools    |
|Part Number||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|169-5464    ||Quick Cure Primer    ||1    |
|155-0695    ||Thread Lock Compound    ||1    |
|-    ||17.5 mm (0.70 inch) Drill Bit    ||1    |
The mounting on the torque converter updrive gears for the output transmission speed sensor may need to be reworked in order to install a replacement 196-1185 Speed Sensor Gp on the above listed machines.
This publication contains the information in order to rework the output speed sensor mount for AD55B S/N:JNW1-143 Articulated Underground Truck. This supplemental product support literature should be used with the appropriate Service Manual and the appropriate Parts Manual that is available for this standard machine.
Important Safety Information
Work safely. Most accidents that involve product operation, maintenance, and repair are caused by failure to observe basic safety rules or precautions. An accident can often be avoided by recognizing potentially hazardous situations before an accident occurs.
A person must be alert to potential hazards. This person should also have the necessary training, skills, and tools in order to perform these functions properly.
Safety precautions and warnings are provided in this instruction and on the product. If these hazard warnings are not heeded, bodily injury or death could occur to you or to other persons. AVSpare cannot anticipate every possible circumstance that might involve a potential hazard.
Therefore, the warnings in this publication and the warnings that are on the product are not all inclusive. If a tool, a procedure, a work method or operating technique that is not specifically recommended by AVSpare is used, you must ensure that it is safe for you and for other people to use.
You should ensure that the product will not be damaged or the product will be made unsafe by the operation, lubrication, maintenance or the repair procedures that are used.
- Move the machine to a hard level surface away from operating machines and personnel.
- Engage the parking brake. Place wheel blocks in front of the wheels and behind the wheels.
- Install the steering frame lock. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, KENR6709, "Steering Frame Lock - Separate and Connect".
- Turn the key start switch and battery disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- Remove upper drive shaft (1). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, KENR6708, "Drive Shaft (Upper) - Remove and Install".
- Remove drive yoke (5), bearing cage (2) and gear (4) from housing (6) .
- Drill the existing 16.75 mm (0.659 inch) hole (A) to 17.5 mm (0.689 inch).
View of the torque converter and updrive housing
(A) Location of 196-1185 Speed Sensor Gp
Note: Ensure that all debris generated by drilling does not contaminate the torque converter housing.
- Install new lip seal (7) and O-ring seals (3) to bearing cage (2) .
- Install gear (4), bearing cage (2) and yoke (5) to housing (6) .
- Install upper drive shaft (1). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, KENR6708, "Drive Shaft (Upper) - Remove and Install".
- Install the new 196-1185 Speed Sensor Gp and 3K-0360 O-Ring Seal . Tighten the speed sensor to a torque of 37 ± 4 N·m (27 ± 3 lb ft).