Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Level 1 results may indicate a need for Level 2 Analysis.
Obtain the sample of the coolant as close as possible to the recommended sampling interval. In order to receive the full effect of S·O·S analysis, you must establish a consistent trend of data. In order to establish a pertinent history of data, perform consistent samplings that are evenly spaced. Supplies for collecting samples can be obtained from your AVSpare dealer.
Use the following guidelines for proper sampling of the coolant:
- Complete the information on the label for the sampling bottle before you begin to take the samples.
- Keep the unused sampling bottles stored in plastic bags.
- Obtain coolant samples directly from the coolant sample port. You should not obtain the samples from any other location.
- Keep the lids on empty sampling bottles until you are ready to collect the sample.
- Place the sample in the mailing tube immediately after obtaining the sample in order to avoid contamination.
- Never collect samples from expansion bottles.
- Never collect samples from the drain for a system.
Submit the sample for Level 1 analysis.
For additional information about coolant analysis, see Special Publication, SEBU6250, "AVSpare Machine Fluids Recommendations" or consult your AVSpare dealer.