A machine may shift if improper procedures or equipment are used for lifting and tying down for transport. Ensure that proper equipment and procedures are used for lifting and tying machines down for transport. If a machine shifts it could cause personal injury or death.
Improper lifting or tie-downs can allow the load to shift and cause injury or damage. Install the steering frame lock link before lifting.
Lifting Point - This film identifies a lifting point that may be used in order to lift the machine.
Tie Down Point - This film identifies a tie-down point that may be used in order to tie down the machine.
Check all of the laws that govern the load characteristics (height, weight, width, and length).
The machine shipping weight that is listed is the weight of the most common configuration of the machine. If attachments have been installed on your machine, the weight of your machine and the center of gravity of your machine may vary.
Reference: For the dimensions and the weight of the machine, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Specifications".
- Engage the parking brake before you sling the machine and before you secure the machine with tie-downs.
- Install the steering frame lock pin.
Illustration 1 g00908862 Rear View of Machine
- There are two lifting points at the rear of the machine. Attach a lifting cable to each lifting point. Each lifting point should be identified as a lifting point.
Note: Use properly rated cables and properly rated slings to lift the machine.
Illustration 2 g00908861 Front View of Machine
- There are two lifting points at the front of the machine. Attach a lifting cable to each lifting point. Each lifting point should be identified as a lifting point.
- Connect the four lifting cables to the spreader bars. The spreader bars must be centered over the machine.
Note: The width of the spreader bar must be sufficient to prevent the lifting cables or the lifting straps from contacting the machine.
- If equipped, secure any attachments.
- Position the crane or the lifting device in order to lift the machine in a level position.
- Lift the machine. Move the machine to the desired position.
- When the machine is positioned, place blocks behind the tires.
- Secure the machine at the tie-down points. Each tie-down point should be identified as a tie-down point.
Reference: For shipping instructions, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Shipping the Machine".