Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Use caution when changing oil or changing filters. Hot oil or components can cause burns if they contact skin.
Note: The following procedure is for draining the hydraulic tank. Consult your AVSpare dealer or refer to the Service Manual for instructions on completely draining the hydraulic system.
Operate the machine in order to warm the oil.
Park the machine on level ground. Lower all attachments to the ground with a slight downward pressure. Place the transmission lever in the PARK position. Place the parking brake switch in the PARK position.
- Remove the hydraulic tank filler cap slowly in order to relieve any pressure. Check the cap seal. If the cap seal is cut or damaged, replace the cap seal.
Illustration 2 g00990562
- Remove the filler strainer. Wash the filler strainer in a clean nonflammable solvent.
Illustration 3 g00990563
- Loosen the cover bolt (1) and open the drain cover (2). Remove the oil drain hose . Open the drain valve. Drain all the oil into a suitable container. Close the drain valve.
- Replace the drain hose.
- Close the cover. Tighten the cover bolt.
- See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydrostatic Transmission and Hydraulic System Oil Filters - Replace". Change the hydraulic system filter.
Illustration 4 g00990917
- Install the filler strainer.
- See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)" in order to determine the amount of hydraulic oil that is needed to fill the hydraulic oil tank. Fill the hydraulic oil tank.
- Install the filler cap.
- Start the engine. Run the engine for a few minutes.
- Stop the engine.
Illustration 5 g00990787
- Maintain the oil level in the green area in the sight gauge. Add oil, if necessary.