Service the air cleaner only with the engine stopped. Engine damage could result.
Always replace the secondary element. Do not attempt to reuse it by cleaning. Engine damage could result.
Replace the engine air filter secondary element under the following conditions:
- A clean primary element has been installed and a warning for the air filter still occurs.
- The engine air filter primary element is serviced for the third time.
- The exhaust smoke remains black and a clean primary element has been installed.
- Remove the primary element.
Reference: For additional information, refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Air Filter Primary Element - Clean/Replace" for the machine that is being serviced.
- Remove the secondary element.
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air cleaner housing.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary element.
This machine uses radial seal type air cleaners. To avoid engine damage, use only radial seal replacement filters. Others will not seal.
Radial seal filter gasket design and location are critical to proper air cleaner operation. Use only AVSpare replacements.
- Install a clean primary element and install the cover on the air cleaner housing.