Hot oil and components can cause personal injury.
Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
If the machine is equipped with a high speed oil change, use a 126-7539 Nozzle Assembly.
- Remove the crankcase drain access cover, which is in the crankcase guard.
Illustration 3 g00122936
- Remove the crankcase drain plug. Open the drain valve. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container. A drain hose may be attached to the drain valve to aid in draining.
- When the oil has completed draining from the crankcase, close the drain valve. Close the access cover.
Illustration 4 g00122937
- Remove the engine oil filter elements and discard the engine oil filter element properly. Make sure that all of the old filter seal is removed from the filter base.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the seal on the new filter. Install the new engine oil filter element by hand. When the gasket contacts the filter base, tighten the filter element by an additional 1 full turn (360 degrees). Rotation index marks are on the new filter element. These rotation index marks are spaced at 90 degree intervals. Use these rotation index marks as a guide for proper tightening.
- Install the crankcase drain plug.
Illustration 5 g00122938
- Remove the oil filler cap (1). Fill the crankcase with new oil. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)". Clean the oil filler cap and install the oil filler cap.
- Always measure the oil level with dipstick (2) in order to ensure that the correct amount of oil was added.
- On the dipstick, maintain the oil level between the "ADD"mark and "FULL" mark.