The auxiliary start receptacle is located on the right side of the machine.
Some AVSpare machines may be equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle as a standard part. All other machines can be equipped with a receptacle from parts service. Then, a permanent receptacle is always available for jump starting.
There are two cable assemblies that can be used to jump start the stalled machine. You can jump start the stalled machine from another machine that is equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle or with an auxiliary power pack. Your AVSpare dealer can provide the correct cable lengths for your application.
- Determine the cause of the failure. Refer to Special Instruction, SEHS7768 about the use of the 6V-2150 Starting/Charging Analyzer. Use this procedure if the machine does not have a diagnostic connector.
- Place the transmission control on the stalled machine in the NEUTRAL position. Engage the parking brake. Lower all attachments to the ground. Move all controls to the HOLD position.
- On a stalled machine, turn the engine start switch to the OFF position. Turn off the accessories.
- On a stalled machine, turn the battery disconnect switch to the ON position.
- Move the machine or the auxiliary power source close to the stalled machine so that the cables can reach. DO NOT ALLOW THE MACHINE OR THE AUXILIARY POWER SOURCE TO CONTACT THE STALLED MACHINE.
- Stop the engine on the machine that is the electrical source. (If you are using an auxiliary power source, turn off the charging system.)
- Connect one end of the jump start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle on the stalled machine.
- Connect the other end of the jump start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle on the electrical source.
- Start the engine of the machine that is the electrical source. (If you are using an auxiliary power source, energize the charging system on the auxiliary power source.)
- Allow the electrical source to charge the batteries for two minutes.
- Attempt to start the stalled engine. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Starting".
- Immediately after the stalled engine starts, disconnect the jump start cable in reverse order.
- Conclude with a failure analysis on the starting charging system. Check the stalled machine, as required. Check the machine when the engine is running and the charging system is in operation.