Pressurized system: Hot coolant can cause serious burn. To open cap, stop engine, wait until radiator is cool. Then loosen cap slowly to relieve the pressure.
Note: This procedure pertains to AVSpare Diesel Engine Antifreeze/Coolant (DEAC) only. This procedure does not pertain to machines that are shipped from the factory with Extended Life Coolant (ELC) and machines that are maintained with Extended Life Coolant (ELC).
See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Specification" for all cooling system requirements.
Use 8T-5296 Coolant Test Kit in order to check the concentration.
Excessive additive (greater than the recommended 6% initial fill) together with concentrations of antifreeze greater than 60% cause deposits to form and can result in radiator tube blockage and overheating.
Liquid Supplemental Coolant Additive
- Open the access panel on the top of the engine compartment.
- Slowly loosen the cooling system pressure cap in order to relieve system pressure. Remove the cooling system pressure cap.
- If necessary, drain enough coolant from the radiator in order to allow the addition of the liquid coolant additive.
- Add 0.24 Liters (.50 pint) of cooling system additive for every 38 Liters (10 US Gallons) of engine cooling capacity.
- Maintain the coolant level to the bottom of the tab in the filler tube.
- Install the cooling system pressure cap. Close the access panel.