Investigate the travel route for overpass clearances. Make sure that there is adequate clearance for the machine that is being transported. This is especially true for machines that are equipped with a ROPS/FOPS structure, a cab, or a canopy.
Remove ice, snow, or other slippery material from the loading dock and from the truck bed before loading. Removing ice, snow, or other slippery material will prevent the machine from slipping as you load the machine. Removing ice, snow, or other slippery material will prevent the machine from slipping in transit.
Obey all state and local laws governing the weight, width and length of a load.
Observe all regulations governing wide loads.
- Place blocks under the trailer wheels or under the rail car wheels before loading, as shown.
- Lower all attachments to the floor of the transport machine. Move all attachment controls to the HOLD position.
- Move the transmission lock lever to the LOCKED position.
- Stop the engine.
- Turn the start switch key to the OFF position. Remove the key.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position. Remove the key.
- Lock the door and lock the access covers. Attach any vandalism protection.
- Install the tie-downs at several locations and block the tracks in the front and in the rear.
- Cover the opening for the engine exhaust. Rotation of the turbocharger without engine operation can result in damage to the turbocharger.
Consult your AVSpare dealer for shipping instructions for your machine.