Always replace the secondary filter element. Never attempt to reuse it by cleaning.
The secondary filter element should be replaced at the time the primary element is serviced for the third time.
The secondary filter element should also be replaced if the yellow piston in the filter element indicator enters the red zone after installation of a clean primary element, or if the exhaust smoke is still black.
- Open the engine access door on the top of the engine compartment.
- Remove the air cleaner housing cover (1) .
- Remove the primary filter element (2) from the air cleaner housing.
- Remove the secondary filter element.
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air cleaner housing.
- Inspect the gasket between the air inlet pipe and the air cleaner housing. Replace the gasket if the gasket is damaged.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary element.
- Install the primary element and the air cleaner housing cover. Tighten the wing nut in order to secure the air cleaner housing cover.
- Reset the filter element indicator.
- Close the engine access door.