Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Front Differential and Final Drive Drain Plug
Rear Differential and Final Drive Drain Plug
- Remove the drain plugs for both differentials. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
Note: If your machine is equipped with the axle oil cooler, there are 2 magnetic filters that need to be cleaned. If your machine is not equipped with the axle oil cooler, skip the next step.
Illustration 3 g00875415
- Remove the magnetic plug on the front filter. Clean the magnetic plug with a clean nonflammable solvent. Install the magnetic plug. Repeat the process for the rear magnetic filter.
- Clean the drain plugs and install the drain plugs.
Illustration 4 g00277215 Front Differential and Final Drive Filler Plug Illustration 5 g00110469 Rear Differential and Final Drive Filler Plug
Note: Wipe the covers and surfaces around openings before you remove the dipstick/fill plug.
- Remove the dipstick/fill plugs for both differentials. Fill the differentials with oil. Maintain the oil between the "ADD" mark and the "FULL" mark on the dipstick/fill plug of each differential.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities and Capacities (Refill)".
Note: Make sure that the dipstick/fill plugs are installed completely before you check the oil level. If the dipstick/fill plug is not installed completely, an incorrect oil level reading can occur.
- Install the dipstick/fill plugs for each differential. Operate the machine for a few minutes and allow the oil to flow completely through the axles. Remove the dipstick/fill plugs and check the oil level. Add oil, if necessary.
- Clean the dipstick/fill plugs and install the dipstick/fill plugs.