Always replace the secondary filter element. Never attempt to reuse it by cleaning.
The secondary filter element should be replaced at the time the primary element is serviced for the third time.
The secondary filter element should also be replaced if the yellow piston in the filter element indicator enters the red zone after installation of a clean primary element, or if the exhaust smoke is still black.
Service the air filter only with the engine stopped. Engine damage could result.
- Open the engine hood. The air filter and the air filter service indicator are on the right side of the machine.
Illustration 2 g00101864
- Remove the cover (1) on the air filter housing .
- Remove the primary filter element (2) from the air filter housing.
Illustration 3 g00038606
- Remove the secondary filter element.
Illustration 4 g00101865
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air filter housing.
- Inspect the gasket between the air inlet pipe and the air filter housing. Replace the gasket if the gasket is damaged.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary filter element.
- Install the primary element and the cover of the air filter housing. Fasten the clips in order to secure the cover of the air filter housing.
Illustration 5 g00580389
- Reset the air filter service indicator.
- Close the engine hood.