Hot oil and components can cause personal injury.
Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Initially, replace the transmission oil filter after 250 service hours. Also, replace the transmission oil filter after the initial 500 service hour interval. Thereafter, replace the transmission oil filter after every 500 service hours.
The transmission oil filter is located behind the access cover on the right side of the machine.
- Remove the filter housing drain plug. The filter housing drain plug is located under the fender on the right side of the machine. Drain the oil into a suitable container. Reinstall the filter housing drain plug.
- Remove the filter element cover assembly.
- Remove the filter element and properly discard the filter element.
- Clean the filter element housing with a clean cloth.
- Inspect the seal. If the seal is damaged, replace the seal.
- Install the new filter element. Install the filter element housing cover.
- Start the engine.
- Maintain the oil level to the "FULL" mark on the dipstick. If necessary, add oil through the filler tube.
- Stop the engine.