At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly to relieve pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Operate the machine in order to warm the oil.
Park the machine on level ground. Lower the bulldozer blade to the ground and apply slight downward pressure. Engage the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove the hydraulic tank filler cap slowly in order to relieve any pressure.
- Wash the filler strainer and the filler cap in a clean nonflammable solvent.
- Remove the oil drain plug. The oil drain plug is located under the right rear of the machine.
- Attach a hose to a 1 inch NPT pipe nipple. This 1 inch NPT pipe nipple should have a length of 100 mm (4 inch) .
- Install the pipe nipple into the drain plug opening.
- Rotate the pipe nipple clockwise in order to open the internal drain valve. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Remove the pipe nipple. The valve for the hydraulic tank will close.
- Clean the drain plug and install the drain plug. Tighten the drain plug to a torque of 68 ± 7 N·m (50 ± 5 lb ft) .
- See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Filter - Replace". Change the hydraulic system filter.
- Install the filler strainer.
- See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Refill Capacities" in order to determine the amount of hydraulic oil that is needed to fill the hydraulic oil tank. Fill the hydraulic oil tank.
- Inspect the filler cap gasket. Replace the gasket if damage or wear is evident.
- Install the filler cap.
- Start the engine. Run the engine for a few minutes.
- Maintain the oil level to the "FULL" mark in the sight gauge. Add oil, if necessary.
- Stop the engine.