Hot oil and components can cause personal injury.
Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Operate the engine in order to warm the oil. Park the machine on level ground. Lower all implements to the ground. Apply slight downward pressure.
Engage the parking brake switch. Stop the engine.
Some machines may be equipped with ecology drain valves.
- Remove the transmission oil drain plug. Drain the oil into a suitable container.
- Clean the transmission oil drain plug and install the transmission oil drain plug.
- Change the filter element. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Oil Filter - Replace".
- Clean the transmission magnetic screen. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Magnetic Screen - Clean".
- Open the engine access door for the transmission oil filler cap. The engine access door is on the left side of the machine.
- Remove the transmission oil filler cap.
- Add oil. To determine the correct amount of oil, see Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Refill Capacities".
- Clean the transmission oil filler cap and install the transmission oil filler cap.
- Maintain the oil level to the "FULL" mark on the dipstick.
- Unscrew the transmission breather and remove the transmission breather. The transmission breather is located on the top of the bevel gear case. Remove the floorplate in order to access the transmission breather.
- Wash the transmission breather in a clean nonflammable solvent.
- Install the transmission breather.