Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
The transmission oil filter is located on the top left side of the transmission case. The magnetic screen is at the rear of the transmission case.
- Remove the transmission filter housing drain plug. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
Note: Discard the drained fluids according to local regulations.
- Remove the bolts from the filter housing and remove the cover from the filter housing.
- Remove the used filter element and discard the used filter element.
- Clean the filter housing and the transmission filter housing drain plug with a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Insert a new filter element into the filter housing.
- Inspect the filter housing seal. Replace the filter housing seal if the filter housing seal is damaged.
- Install the cover on the filter housing.
- Install the transmission filter housing drain plug in the filter housing.
- Remove the magnetic screen cover slowly. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Remove the magnetic screen.
- Separate the magnets and the tube assembly from the screen.
- Wash the screen and the tube assembly in a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Allow the screen and the tube assembly to dry.
- Clean the magnets with a cloth or with a stiff bristle brush. Allow the magnets to dry.
Do not drop or rap magnets on hard objects, or damage can result. Replace damaged magnets.
- Install the magnets and the tube assembly into the screen.
- Install the magnetic screen.
- Inspect the cover seal. Replace the cover seal if the cover seal is damaged.
- Install the cover and tighten the bolts.
- Start the engine. Apply the service brake.
- Slowly operate the transmission direction and speed control in order to circulate the transmission oil.
- Move the transmission direction and speed control to the NEUTRAL position. Engage the parking brake. Inspect the transmission for leaks.
- Maintain the oil level between the "FULL" and "ADD OIL" marks on dipstick (1). Add the oil through filler tube (2), if necessary.
- Stop the engine.