Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove the oil filler cap slowly in order to relieve the tank pressure.
- Remove the filter covers.
- Inspect the cover seals. Replace the cover seals, if necessary.
- Remove the four filter elements and discard the filter elements.
- Remove the screen. Wash the screen in clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Install the screen and four new filter elements.
- Install the filter cover.
- Maintain the oil level above the "ADD" mark in the sight gauge. Add oil, if necessary.
- Inspect the filler cap gasket. Replace the filler cap gasket if the filler cap gasket is damaged.
- Install the oil filler cap.