Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Before you replace the secondary filters, replace the primary filter.
The secondary filters are behind the access door on the right side of the machine.
- Close the fuel supply valve. The fuel supply valve is located behind the primary filter for the fuel system.
- Remove the secondary filters. Discard the filters properly.
- Clean the filter housing base. Make sure that all of the old seal is removed.
- Coat the seals of the new secondary filters with clean diesel fuel.
- Install the new filters by hand. When the seal contacts the base, tighten the filter for an additional 3/4 turn.
Rotation index marks are positioned on the filters at 90 degree intervals. Use these rotation index marks as a guide when you tighten the filter.
- Open the fuel supply valve.
- Prime the fuel system. See Operation and Maintenance, "Fuel System - Prime".
- Start the engine and check for leaks.