Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Open the access door on the right side of the machine. Close the fuel supply valve. The fuel supply valve is located behind the primary filter for the fuel system.
- To drain the primary filter for the fuel system, open drain valve (3) on water separator bowl (2). The water separator bowl is under the primary filter (1). Catch the fuel in a suitable container.
Note: Discard any drained fluids according to local regulations.
- Remove the primary filter (1) and the water separator bowl (2) .
- Remove the water separator bowl from the primary filter element.
- Wash the water separator bowl in a clean nonflammable solvent. Use pressure air to dry the water separator bowl.
- Install the clean water separator bowl onto a new primary filter element.
- Clean the filter housing base.
- Coat the seal of the new primary filter element with clean diesel fuel.
- Install the primary filter element onto the filter housing.
- Open the fuel supply valve.
- Prime the fuel system. See the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System - Prime" for more information.
- Close the access door.