Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Open the access door on the right side of the machine.
- Turn the priming pump plunger counterclockwise and pull out the priming pump plunger.
- Operate the fuel priming pump in order to fill the new filter element. Continue to operate the fuel priming pump until the pump resists operation. This indicates that the filter element is full of fuel.
- Push the priming pump plunger downward and turn the priming pump plunger clockwise in order to lock the priming pump plunger.
- Start the engine. Look for leaks around the filter element. If the engine will not start or the engine misfires, more priming is necessary.
- If the engine runs rough after start-up, shut off the engine. Loosen the vent plug on the block for the fuel return. The block for the fuel return is at the upper left rear of the engine. Release the priming pump plunger and prime the fuel system until a continuous stream of fuel is flowing from the opening. Catch the fuel in a suitable container. Install the vent plug and lock the priming pump plunger. Start the engine and run the engine at low idle until the engine does not run rough.
Note: Discard any drained fluids according to local regulations.
- Close the access door.