Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Operate the engine for a few minutes in order to warm the transmission oil.
- Park the machine on a hard, level surface. Lower the bucket to the ground with a slight downward pressure. Engage the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove transmission oil drain plug (7) . Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container. Clean the drain plug and install the drain plug.
Note: Remove the bolts (1) that hold the transmission guard (2) . Remove the transmission guard on the underside of the machine in order to access the magnetic strainer.
- Remove four cover bolts and magnetic strainer cover (3) .
- Remove suction screen (4) and tube (6) from the housing. Remove three magnets (5) from the tube.
- Wash the tube and the screen in a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Use a cloth, a stiff bristle brush or pressurized air to clean the magnets.
- Clean the cover and inspect the cover seal. Replace the seal, if necessary.
Do not drop or rap the magnets against any hard surface. Replace any damaged magnets.
- Install three magnets (5) on the tube. Insert suction screen (4) and tube (6) in the housing.
- Install the cover and the cover bolts.
- Replace the transmission oil filter.
ReferenceRefer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Oil Filter - Replace" for the correct procedure.
- The filler tube for the transmission is located near the center hitch. Remove the filler cap (8) and fill the transmission with oil.
ReferenceRefer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities and Refill Capacities" for the correct type of oil and for the correct amount of oil.
- Remove the transmission breather from the top of the transfer case. Wash the breather in a clean, nonflammable solvent. Install the breather.
- Start the engine. Slowly operate the transmission controls in order to circulate the oil.
- Move the transmission control to the NEUTRAL position. Stop the engine. Inspect the transmission for leaks.
- Check the transmission oil level. The sight gauge (9) is located near the filler tube. The transmission oil should be at the mark (10) if the engine is off. The oil should be between marks (11) and (12) when the engine is idling.
ReferenceRefer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Oil Level - Check" for the correct procedure.